Monday, May 14, 2007

A Comparison of LDS and Community of Christ Responses to 9/11 and the War in Iraq

A student posted on his blog a paper comparing Latter-day Saint (Mormon) and Community of Christ statements on 9/11 and the Iraq war. I don't know anything about this person, but I thought this post was interesting enough to link here before I get to do my usual background check. Judging by the comments, the CofC's clear peace-making stand gets a good reception.

http://loydo38.blogspot.com

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for posting this Christian. It's certainly an interesting paper, and I am always intrigued to hear what people have to say about our church.

    The conclusion was a little weak for my liking - as a theologian I'd probably try to do some digging to look at the different ways that our two churches theologies of war and peace have developed. That could be very interesting.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10:01 PM  

  • i agree with shannon about the ending....in fact, it kind of ruined the article for me.

    it was like there was so much building up to it and then there was....nothing.

    oh well!

    By Blogger Sean Langdon, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home