Tuesday, July 31, 2007

These Kids Are a LOT of Work!

I'm at Jr. High camp this week, and being run ragged. My muscles are honestly burning from all the exercise - ultimate frisbee, hiking, soccer, kickball, and chasing these burning thunders all over the campgrounds. They won't go to sleep at night, and then won't wake up in the morning; complain about being tired all morning, but then won't stop talking at rest period, then complain when I have to wake them up from their nap; they want to be treated as if they were totally responsible and independent, but every chance they get they're totally irresponsible and can't hardly do anything by themselves. What a week... or, er, three days, so far (yikes!).

Good food, though. (For those who know him, Sean Langdon is cooking, so we're eating well.)

I'd write more, but I have to chase my cabin - someone is probably on the verse of losing a digit.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Good luck, my brother, with the remaining days of camp. Remember - you were once one of those junior high kids. :)

    By Blogger Jonathan S., at 6:57 AM  

  • you can do it! don't forget to have some fun yourself!

    With Sean in the kitchen, you are definitely very lucky.

    I'm excited about counseling at sr. high camp next week - a big adventure!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7:47 AM  

  • thanks for the shout out Christian. It sure is an interesting week.

    (pssst....to all of you devout Flannel Christian blog readers....watching Christian interact with these jr. high boys is quite interesting. I don't think the boys in his cabin have ever been forced to work so much in there life. lol!)

    By Blogger Sean Langdon, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home