Saturday, October 13, 2007

i thank You God for most this amazing day

applesToday I had an amazing day. It was amazing in its beauty and simplicity. My friend and I attended the UBC Botanical Gardens' Apple Festival (it's on tomorrow too), which was soooo fun. It was a gorgeous day, sunshine and blue sky. We tasted over 50 different varieties of apples, and I found my very most favouritest kind: "Aurora Golden Gala" which is a cross between a Gala apple and a Golden Delicious apple. SOOOO good! Every apple was different, too, which was so amazing! Who knew that one fruit could yield so many endless possible flavour-texture combinations!? It was truly wonderful.

And then this evening we went to a musica intima concert to hear another friend sing, and it was so marvelously wonderful, words cannot even really describe it. What comes close, though, is a poem that was sung at the concert, which is my benediction for the whole day, my prayer for the apples and the sunlight and the sweetness that is life itself:

i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any - lifted from the no
of all nothing - human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

-e.e. cummings

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home