Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pics from Brest, France


I visited the French minister and his wife at their home in Brest, France - and they showed me Finistere, Brittany - the "end of the earth." I have to say that I am now in love with Brittany: the scenery, the climate, the pace of life, the architecture, the ancient celtic influence, the ruins and midieval structures at every turn. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

It was also lovely to get to spend some time with Thierry and Amelie - my brother and sister in the faith. And they were exceptionally generous hosts.

Here are just a few pics from the weekend - and if we had time, there's a story to every one of them. Perhaps next time we find ourselves over a cup of coffee. :-)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I'm envious! I've been wanting to meet this French church member for years now. I'd love to hear his story of how he came to be a member. The reason I'm interested is because when I was in the Navy, stationed in Sardinia, my command had invited a French submarine to a Submarine anniversary banquet. I requested to sit at the French table and had great conversations with the French submariners. One of them became a friend, whom I visited several times at his home in Plerin, Bretagne...near Saint Brieuc. I would've never have visited Brittany if not for him and it has become one of my favourite regions in France...part of that might have to do with the fact that I didn't see many American tourists!

    Please share details about this French church member. I'd love to hear more!

    By Blogger Sansego, at 11:57 PM  

  • I love the pictures of the cobblestones and the stonework of the church. I can smell it, what I used to smell when growing up over there. Cold, vaguely dusty, that mineral sense mixed with the underpinnings of sheer history. Very elemental and uninterrupted. Beautiful, glad you went, thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Viator, at 9:48 PM  

  • Love the pics! Hope you and the wife are well. It was great to see you guys this past conference. Are you guys planning on making any trips back anytime soon? If you're in town for the January session let me know and we can do lunch! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all you guys.

    Mark

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home