Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seattle's Labor History

Part of my heart still resides in Seattle, and many of my loyalties still with the labor movement. And in the wake of the closure of the generaly-labor-friendly newspaper in Seattle, my respect for the local alternative culture magazine has risen. So when a friend and nominal anarchist (and, it must be said, a punk rock afficionado and the happy-hour activity coordinator for our circle of friends - yes, we have one) sent me a link to this article in The Stranger, I remembered a little of why I am on this journey in the first place. Thanks, Nic.
The State of Our Unions: A Look at Seattle's Deep, Bloody Labor History - and Its Uncertain Future. (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/the-state-of-four-unions/Content?oid=1393334)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home