Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Seminary: Week One

Just a quick note to say I'm back in Independence, starting another round of classes for my Masters in Christian Ministry.

Yesterday, before the cascade of homework and research reaches avalanche proportions, I took advantage of an opportunity to just sit in the shadow of the Temple and read for a while. What I couldn't stop thinking about, though, was the question: what in me has changed? How did I get here?

I wonder what I would have said ten years ago if I described this scene to that young person. Would I have believed it? Would I have been surprised? Can we ever be prepared for our own future? Can we often reconcile our past selves with the journey we've taken in the meantime?

Yesterday I was asking myself that question as an individual in a faith community. But now these questions seem just as curious for the faith community.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home